Bath & West Community Energy (UK)
Generating Local Energy
Bath & West Community Energy was established in June 2010. Since then for Bath & West Community Energy projects and those of partners they have:
* Raised nearly £10 million through 7 community share offers, ranging from £350,000 to nearly £3 million
* Installed 1.7MW of solar PV, sufficient to supply the equivalent annual electricity demand from 500 homes
* Are currently on site with 4.2MW of solar PV, sufficient to supply the equivalent annual electricity demand from 1,200
* Are just working towards financial close on a 5MW solar PV array, sufficient to supply the equivalent annual electricity
demand from 1,450 homes
* Have over 15MW of solar PV, hydro and wind energy projects in development
* and much more ... have a look on their website to see their great results ...
Their vision is to create a financially sustainable, community-owned energy enterprise. It is their intention that the company will deliver renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy supply services via a strong community model that will maximise local investment, strengthen their local economy and build community resilience.
Their immediate aim in terms of energy generation is to develop and finance 1.5 MW of projects – enough electricity to power 1000 houses.